The Hideaway has the largest Ecopool* in south Africa, 222,000 litres of pure water set in a beautiful garden, surrounded by orchards, flowers and lawns. Enjoy swimming with amazing views of the Langeberg mountains as a backdrop, or laze on the beautiful deck over the pool and enjoy the beauty of nature around you.
* An Ecopool is a swimming pool that uses living ecosystems to maintain the cleanliness and purity of its water, which is absolutely clear and pure enough to drink. The water in the ecosystem of an Ecopool is passively heated by the sun and will leave skin, hair and eyes naturally soft and hydrated.
The Hideaway’s spa, known as “The Wallow”, is enclosed by large sliding glass doors which open onto the garden.
It is an ideal place for relaxing after a busy day’s sightseeing or on a day when you don’t want to do very much at all. The spa has a state of the art Sauna and Jacuzzi for you to enjoy at your leisure.
Our Reception area is constructed in traditional style with beams and reed ceilings, opening onto the garden.
This is where you will check in and out and where you can always find assistance and information during your stay at The Hideaway.
Pool Pavilion and Guest Lounge
The Pool Pavilion is next to the Eco pool and breakfast is served there or on the veranda between 8.15am and 9.15am and sundowners between 7pm and 7.30pm.
The Pool Pavilion also houses the fully air-conditioned guest lounge where there is an open fireplace and a large screen TV and DSTV package. This area is also used for Yoga classes several times a week and can also host lunch or dinner parties and business meetings when requested. Advance booking for these activities is essential.
The Bo Tree Salon
The Bo Tree Salon at The Hideaway has state of the art equipment highly qualified therapists.
Guests can book a treatment at their leisure during their stay, or, if only staying for a short time at The Hideaway, can make reservations in advance. Please email us for an up to date treatment menu and then relax, unwind and enjoy being pampered. Indulge the senses, soothe the soul.
For gifts to take home:
- Adin Greaves’ Pictorial Essay of the Bontebok
- Rain toiletries, locally produced
- Kapula Candles from the local factory
- Handmade leather tote bags and penny purses
- The Hideaway cookbook